About The Kitchen Gypsies:
The Kitchen Gypsies live in Kingston, Ontario. Our name comes from the style of music we play: Gypsy Jazz (or Jazz Manouche). This style of music was created by Django Reinhardt in France in the 1930’s.
In addition to charitable functions, private gatherings and celebrations, we have performed at local events including open air markets, The Skeleton Park Festival, Art Among the Ruins and the Homegrown Festival.
Listen to our music:
Book The Kitchen Gypsies for Your Event:
- We perform at weddings, dinners, celebrations and gatherings of all kinds. Contact us by email for details.
- “The Gypsies rocked it at the Child Haven fund raising party last Saturday night. They set the PERFECT tone of cool, sexy, swingin’ fun… the best genre for creating happy customers. THANKS!” Andy
- Suzanne Becker – Violin/Vocals
- Ray Desrosiers – Accordion/Harmonica/Vocals
- Gary Greer – Rhythm Guitar
- Ron Heidebrecht – Lead Guitar/Vocals
- Andy Rush – Bass
- Ray Croxford – Bass Player and Good Friend.
- Well, we are not sure about upcoming dates right now. But we do continue to work on our music.
Contact or be Added to Our Mailing List:
Professional Photos by Leah Riddell! www.leahriddell.com
Here are some photos from our gigs:
Private Fund-Raiser – March 2020
Confederation Basin, June 2018. Thanks to Brant Peppley for playing Bass that day! Photos courtesy of Janet Drew.
Memorial Centre Night Market, County Cider Company (with Doug Rooks playing bass that evening) and Ride Lennox and Addington, from the summer of 2018.
Downtown Kingston gigs in August 2018. Photos courtesy of Maggie Sutherland and Meredith Gault)
A lovely wedding reception in September of 2017 at the Hochelaga Inn, Kingston, Ontario.
County Cider Company in Waupoos, near Picton. August 2017. Photos Courtesy of Maggie Sutherland and Diana.
Skeleton Park Festival 2017 with special guests Brant Peppley, Spencer Evans and Oscar Evans (Photos Courtesy of Karen Lahey):
Memorial Centre Farmer’s Market (Photos courtesy of Maggie Sutherland):
Various Other Events:
Sandy Pines Wildlife Centre (Photo Courtesy of Janet Foster):