The Kitchen Gypsies live in Kingston, Ontario and play the Gypsy Jazz (Jazz Manouche) style of music created by Django Reinhardt in France in the 1930’s. In addition to private gatherings and celebrations, we have performed at local events including open air markets, art events, various charity events, The Skeleton Park Festival, Art Among the Ruins and the Homegrown Festival.
Listen to our music:
Book The Kitchen Gypsies for Your Event:
- We perform at weddings, dinners, celebrations and gatherings of all kinds. Contact us by email for details.
- Suzanne Becker – Violin/Vocals
- Ray Croxford – Bass
- Ray Desrosiers – Accordion/Harmonica/Vocals
- Gary Greer – Rhythm Guitar
- Ron Heidebrecht – Lead Guitar/Vocals
- Canadians for Women in Afghanistan Gala, April 27, 2018. Italo-Canadian Club, Kingston.
- Kingston Symphony House Tour. Saturday May 26, 2018. Location TBA.
- Open Voices “Kids Take Over the World” Concert. Wednesday June 6, 2018. 7:00pm, The Grand Theatre, Kingston.
Professional Photos by Leah Riddell! www.leahriddell.com
Here are some photos from our gigs:
A lovely wedding reception in September of 2017 at the Hochelaga Inn, Kingston, Ontario.
County Cider Company in Waupoos, near Picton. August 2017. Photos Courtesy of Maggie Sutherland and Diana.
Skeleton Park Festival 2017 with special guests Brant Peppley, Spencer Evans and Oscar Evans (Photos Courtesy of Karen Lahey):
Memorial Centre Farmer’s Market (Photos courtesy of Maggie Sutherland):
Various Other Events:
Sandy Pines Wildlife Centre (Photo Courtesy of Janet Foster):