About The Kitchen Gypsies:
The Kitchen Gypsies live in Kingston, Ontario and play the Gypsy Jazz (Jazz Manouche) style of music created by Django Reinhardt in France in the 1930’s. In addition to charitable functions, private gatherings and celebrations, we have performed at local events including open air markets, The Skeleton Park Festival, Art Among the Ruins and the Homegrown Festival.
Listen to our music:
Book The Kitchen Gypsies for Your Event:
- We perform at weddings, dinners, celebrations and gatherings of all kinds. Contact us by email for details.
- “The Gypsies rocked it at the Child Haven fund raising party last Saturday night. They set the PERFECT tone of cool, sexy, swingin’ fun… the best genre for creating happy customers. THANKS!” Andy
- Suzanne Becker – Violin/Vocals
- Ray Desrosiers – Accordion/Harmonica/Vocals
- Gary Greer – Rhythm Guitar
- Ron Heidebrecht – Lead Guitar/Vocals
- Andy Rush – Bass
- Ray Croxford – Bass Player and Good Friend.
- Almost Home Gala, Ambassador Hotel, Kingston. May 2, 2019. 6:00-7:00 pm.
- HomeGrown Music Festival, Sizzle Restaurant, Kingston. May 4, 2019. 12:30 pm.
- Child Haven Fundraiser, Kingston Curling Club, Kingston. May 4, 2019. 6:00-9:00 pm.
- Sandy Pines Wildlife Centre, Sandy Pines Wildlife Centre, Napanee. May 12, 2019. 1:00-3:00 pm.
- Kingston Symphony House Tour, Location TBA. May 25, 2019. Time TBA.
- Memorial Centre Market, Memorial Centre, Kingston. June 9, 2019. 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Silly Sounds on Sydenham, Sydenham and Princess Streets, Kingston. July 13th, 10:00-11:00 pm.
- County Cider Company, Waupoos. July 23rd, 6:00-8:00 pm.
- Sounds on Sydenham, Sydenham and Princess Streets, Kingston. July 27th, 1:30-2:30 pm.
- Confederation Park, Kingston, Ontario Street, Kingston. July 30th, 12:30-1:30 pm.
- Macpherson House, Macpherson House Museum, Napanee. August 14th, 7:00-8:30 pm.
Contact or be Added to Our Mailing List:
Professional Photos by Leah Riddell! www.leahriddell.com
Here are some photos from our gigs:
Confederation Basin, June 2018. Thanks to Brant Peppley for playing Bass that day! Photos courtesy of Janet Drew.
Memorial Centre Night Market, County Cider Company (with Doug Rooks playing bass that evening) and Ride Lennox and Addington, from the summer of 2018.
Downtown Kingston gigs in August 2018. Photos courtesy of Maggie Sutherland and Meredith Gault)
A lovely wedding reception in September of 2017 at the Hochelaga Inn, Kingston, Ontario.
County Cider Company in Waupoos, near Picton. August 2017. Photos Courtesy of Maggie Sutherland and Diana.
Skeleton Park Festival 2017 with special guests Brant Peppley, Spencer Evans and Oscar Evans (Photos Courtesy of Karen Lahey):
Memorial Centre Farmer’s Market (Photos courtesy of Maggie Sutherland):
Various Other Events:
Sandy Pines Wildlife Centre (Photo Courtesy of Janet Foster):